While becoming a mother or parent is one of the most treasured experiences in the life of almost all functioning adults, many people get extremely intimidated by the idea and the responsibilities that accompany parenthood. Despite being so stressful, parenthood has its perks and is extremely rewarding when done with sincerity and care. Being a mother can be a life changing event both mentally and physiologically, there it is imperative that the woman who has conceived should be provided with all the care and affection. At the end of the day a healthy and happy mother would simply give birth to baby that is healthy and well.
For the women who wish to become a mother, there is no dearth of places from where she can get advice- from other mothers to pregnancy magazines in Hindi, English or any other vernacular language she feels comfortable with. However one must ensure that the advice she is following is safe and correct. So given below are a few simple tips to help you through your gestation period.
- The first and foremost and most important tip that one must follow, no matter what is consulting a good doctor. There is no substitute for a good physician, who would give you the best possible advice that would be fit for your stage or condition of pregnancy. Make sure that you get all your queries addressed by the doctor and remain well informed so be able to take better care of yourself. Also make sure you never miss your appointments with the doctor and contact him in case of any and all types of emergencies.
- Another tip that naturally follows is taking all your pre natal medications as directed by your consultant physician. Never miss doses or change them with prior information of the doctor. In case you are having allergenic reactions to any vitamins or medications, contact your doctor immediately.
- Another important thing to pay attention to is good and healthy diet. This is probably the most common pregnancy tip in Hindi magazines or most other places. Therefore the importance of a healthy and good diet can never be over emphasized. Eating a diet rich in vital nutrients, water and roughage would ensure that the mother is able to meet all the calorific needs to sustain another life, and the baby in turn would have a healthy weight. A good diet also includes no consumption of cigarettes, alcohol, junk food, caffeine or any other harmful substance.
- Not just a good diet, the overall health of the mother and baby also requires simple yet regular light weight exercising of the mother. This helps in making the baby healthier and stronger and also acts as a great stress buster for the mother.
- Another underrated tip that one does not find easily online is the fact that during pregnancy the mother should avoid wearing perfumes or deodorants or any product that has strong scent as it might negatively affect the baby.
Just by keeping these few simple tips in mind, one can ensure that both the mother and her child remain healthy and happy throughout.